VP of Engineering for Cirrus
Monterrey, Mexico or Remote | Full Time
We want to reduce the cost of healthcare by creating products that help physicians, hospitals, and payers operate in more efficient ways. We’re looking for a VP of Engineering for Cirrus to helps us achieve this mission.
About the role:
As the VP of Engineering for Cirrus, you’ll be responsible for growing and managing our 30-person engineering team that is currently distributed across 4 cities, 2 countries, and 2 time zones. You’ll be a manager of managers, and report directly to our Co-CEO.
We believe with time we’ll only become a more distributed company (more timezones, more cultures, more remote). This brings a lot of opportunities, but also many challenges.
Cirrus is a multi-tenant, cloud-native, mission critical solution that helps hospitals manage their operations from patient records to inventory management and billing. It is used by every person that works at a hospital, 24/7.
As the VP of Engineering for Cirrus you’ll be responsible for figuring out how to move with agility and speed while maintaining a highly reliable system.
We’re looking for a highly technical person that can help us navigate through tough engineering problems, but that also has a knack for people management and coaching.
- Build and grow an excellent engineering organization with a strong management team
- Finding the correct balance between creating autonomy in every team, with establishing consistency and cohesion across our the engineering organization
- Enabling engineer managers to bring their teams to their full potential
- Helping define the human and software architecture that helps us scale
- Own and make sure we can rapidly, reliably, and repeatedly deliver quality product to market
- Serve as the company spokesperson for the engineering organization, demonstrating leadership in the community with developers, partners, and customers
- Iterate over our onboarding process to reduce our engineer’s time to productivity
- Working with HR to create initiatives that help us attract the best talent in a remote-friendly, distributed company
- Minimum 6 years of software development work experience
- +3 years of leadership experience in software development
- Experience working with remote or distributed teams and collaborators
- Absurdly tech-savvy
- Great programming skills, even if you do it now only as a hobby.
- Experience building multi-tenant cloud products
- Up to date with latest technologies trends, and maintains an “always be learning” mentality. Our tech stack is not sacred and we want to keep evolving it
- Proficient understanding of git and experience using it in teams. Extra points if you have experience using GitFlow branching model
- In-depth Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment process experience
- Passion for driving change with an entrepreneurial spirit - we want peers who are emotionally invested in their own success and the success of their customers
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complicated technical topics to non-technical audiences
- English and Spanish proficiency
- Extra points if you have experience with Rails, Java, Elixir, EmberJS, PostgreSQL…
- Competitive compensation package reflecting skills and experience
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a great global company with a unique informal start-up culture, great leadership and a strong vision. No extensive corporate bureaucracy guaranteed.
- Chance to take part in growing a rapidly developing business with fast industry growth rate
- Opportunity to grow your skills in our global team
What we believe:
We don’t only want to be successful. But we also want to do it in a way it makes us proud and happy. The best way we know how to do this is by working with people that share our values:
- Meaningful work, meaningful relationships.
- We don’t need babysitters.
- What’s right, not who’s right.
If these sound true to you and want to help us scale a company full of people aligned by them, then this might be an opportunity for you.
Send us an email with a couple of paragraphs about yourself and a copy of your resume.