Frontend Developer - Nimbo
Monterrey, Mexico | Full Time
We’re looking for a Frontend Developer to join our Nimbo development team in Monterrey!
Nimbo is a modern, easy-to-use cloud based EHR. We have an established technology foundation surrounded by a microservices architecture to provide extra functionality to our users. We’re growing our customer base and our product functionality in a fast pace. Therefore we’re looking for people with strong best practices and a great ability to learn.
We mainly use Ruby on Rails for our backend API, but rely in other modern technologies such as Elixir/Phoenix, Node.js, Python/Django, for other services. At the front we use Ember.js. We also keep a DevOps-driven culture, maintaining and deploying continuously to our production environments, relying on multiple service providers such as Amazon Web Services, Heroku and DigitalOcean.
Nevertheless we are always experimenting with new tech, therefore if you’re interested in working on a project where you’ll have a direct impact in the architecture, technology stack, and tools that will become the foundation of the product for years to come, this might be the right job for you!
You will work along with a self-motivated multi-disciplinary team, comfortable with the challenges of an early stage but rapidly growing product, taking part in the design, implementation, testing and delivery.
What we believe in:
- The people you work and surround yourself with mean everything: people that challenge you, people you can hang out with…
- This is your life calling: be it graphic design, development, sales, etc… you want to become an “expert” through constant learning and experimentation.
- We want to leave a mark in the world through our work, our products, and the impact they have on people.
What we’re looking for:
- You spend most of your time coding, but you also have an eye for great design and a feel for great UX.
- You love researching new tech and driving forward with the implementation details.
- You are comfortable working with API’s.
- Experience with modern front-end JS frameworks like React, Ember, Angular, Vue…
- Being super comfortable using Git versioning tools, agile software development flows, state-of-the-art design patterns & best practices.
- Able to prioritize and carry on responsibilities, calmly under pressure & with minimal oversight (no babysitting).
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas.
- Driven to deliver and balance between “getting things done” and “long term maintainability & extensibility”.
- Someone passionate about technology who loves working with like-minded individuals and doesn’t mind challenging the status quo every once in awhile.
- You value team success over personal success
- You are willing to involve yourself in back-end development at times
What you’ll do:
- Build reusable components with modular CSS.
- Research, guide and execute front-end architecture changes.
- Manage Data on the Client with tools like Ember Data or Redux.
- Involve yourself in development that might involve server side code.
- Measure and resolve performance bottlenecks, using tools like Chrome DevTools, Lighthouse, WebPagetest, or custom tooling.
- Refactor or improve existing code.
- Help put tools, processes, and documentation in place to improve our code quality.
- Monitor, test and continuously optimize application.
- Deliver modern, testable and maintainable code.
- Ensure user experience is the best in can be.
- Review code written by other team members or other teams.
- Ship to hundreds of thousands of users every day while having lots of autonomy in terms of code and feature ownership.
Interested? Shoot us an email with your resume and/or github account plus a couple of paragraphs explaining why you’d like to join the team.
Website: https://www.nimbo-x.com/ Dev Blog: https://medium.com/the-backlog-by-nimbo-x