Monterrey, Mexico | Full Time
We want to reduce the cost of healthcare by creating products that help physicians, hospitals, and payers operate in more efficient ways. We’re looking for a VP of Engineering that helps us achieve this mission by removing technology as a barrier, and instead converts it into a strategic enabler for the business and our product leaders.
We’re looking for someone that sees the world through the lense of software and technology. You’ll work directly with our Co-CEO to create innovative products that are used across the world.
- Build and grow an excellent engineering organization with a strong management team
- Represent technology in the overall strategic direction of the company
- Own and make sure we can rapidly, reliably, and repeatedly deliver quality product to market
- Make sure the company has an architecture capable of delivering the functionality, scalability, reliability, security and performance it needs to compete and thrive
- Serve as the company spokesperson for the engineering organization, demonstrating leadership in the community with developers, partners, and customers
- Attract and retain the best talent
- Minimum 6 years of software development work experience
- +3 years of leadership experience in software development
- Absurdly tech-savvy
- Great programming skills, even if you do it now only as a hobby.
- Experience building multi-tenant cloud products
- Up to date with latest technologies trends, and maintains an “always be learning” mentality. Our tech stack is not sacred and we want to keep evolving it
- Proficient understanding of git and experience using it in teams. Extra points if you have experience using GitFlow branching model
- In-depth Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment process experience
- Thorough knowledge of technical processes and life cycle methodologies (Scrum and/or Kanban) from project management to software development and execution
- Passion for driving change with an entrepreneurial spirit - we want peers who are emotionally invested in their own success and the success of their customers
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complicated technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Extra points if you have experience with Rails, Java, Elixir, EmberJS, PostgreSQL…
- Competitive compensation package reflecting skills and experience
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a great global company with a unique informal start-up culture, great leadership and a strong vision. No extensive corporate bureaucracy guaranteed.
- Chance to take part in growing a rapidly developing business with fast industry growth rate
- Opportunity to grow your skills in our global team
What we believe:
We don’t only want to be successful. But we also want to do it in a way it makes us proud and happy. The best way we know how to do this is by working with people that share our values:
- Meaningful work, meaningful relationships.
- We don’t need babysitters.
- What’s right, not who’s right.
If these sound true to you and want to help us scale a company full of people aligned by them, then this might be an opportunity for you.
Send us an email with a couple of paragraphs about yourself and a copy of your resume.